skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Crich village cross
Image from around Crich Parish

Minutes of the meeting of Crich Parish Council

Monday 4th. February 2008, in the Glebe Field Centre

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

Present:

Cllr Lane (Chair), Cllrs. Birkin, Brierton (v-Chair) Bateman, Clark, Harrison, Harwood, Smith, Steppings, Thorpe, TromansCty Cllr. Jackson and 6 members of the public. Clerk in attendance.

Apologies:

AVBC Cllr.Taylor, Cllr. Fudge.

07/177 Matters raised by members of the public

Mrs. Hartshorne requested that the Council consider the contents of a letter sent to AVBC regarding an earlier planning application by her family firm. Clerk agreed to liaise with Mrs. Hartshorne on this matter.

Mrs. Hartshorne also pointed out that her family were not responsible for excess water on Dimple Lane adjacent to their land. Their drains are clear and the problem is caused by natural surface run-off.

07/178 Police matters

PCSO Slater in attendance. The following matters were reported to him:

Speeding on The Common

Vandalism to the telephone box on the Market Place

Fly tipping on Bull Bridge Hill

07/179 Local Authority Councillors

Cty. Cllr. Jackson reported as follows:

Lynam Rd. to be closed on 5th. February

Environmental Services are dealing with a broken drainage pipe on Potters Hill Wheatcroft

In the interest of road safety he is pursuing the matter of a footpath from the end of the drive up to the Stand into the village. He has the support of Maj. Hackett (Mercian Regiment) in this matter

He is still monitoring the situation at the home of Mrs. Williamson on Lindway Lane � the hose has still not dried out

The state of School Lane remains unsatisfactory. He suggested that the PC ask the residents if they would like to contribute. (Cllr. Bateman who has contacts on School Lane thought that would not be feasible. However, he did suggest that the owner of Costcutter had indicated his willingness to help).

DCC is to review the issue of surface water on rural roads � this is a matter which Cty.Cllr. Jackson has pursued for some time. It is therefore appropriate that he has been invited to sit on the review body.

The let property on Potters Hill is being managed in an appropriate way Cllr. Clark in formed Cty Cllr. Jackson of water running on the road at Robin Hood, Whatstandwell and Cllr Tromans reported a similar problem at Wheatcroft.

Cllr. Brierton reported the impassable state of FP 11 between the BG and Mooredge Farm. The problem being exacerbated by an over-flowing fishpond p- this may be a candidate for use of the footpath improvement (MMG) grant.

AVBC Cllr. Thorpe delivered some planning documents from AVBC and reported that Fritchley currently has no post box. She has however, established that a new one, sited in the area of the Green, will be put in place as soon as the exact location can be determined. Clerk was instructed to inform the Post Office that the Parish Council owns the Green! � Cllr. Thorpe provided a most useful contact for this. Cllr. Clark felt that the Post Office had handled the whole matter badly.

She has reported the flooding on Dimple Lane near the Hat Factory New leader of AVBC Cllr. Stewart Bradford is keen to hear the views of Parish Councils

There are 2 new properties to add to the flooding �at risk list� The Barn, Kirkham Lane, Fritchley and The Old Mill, Mill Green, Dimple Lane, Fritchley � Clerk to inform AVBC.

07/180 Minutes of the meeting of 7th. January 2008

The minutes were approved and signed by the Chair.

07/181Matters arising from the Minutes

Dog warden has been contacted re. fouling problem. They do patrol and do prosecute. Parishioners are asked to report offenders who can be prosecuted on the basis of witness statements. Dog warden service will provide posters and clean- up bags, which will be available from the Glebe Centre.

Letter sent to Brian Twigg at AVBC re. Councils continuing unease over the Planning Consultation process

DCC informed by letter of PC�s dissatisfaction with the inadequate repairs to School Lane and the puddle on the Market Place build-out. An acknowledgement has been received.

AVBC cannot do the repairs to the bus shelter on the Market Place until it has new money in April - however, the job is on the schedule

Reply received from Rev. John Guest re. The Briars. A copy was circulated and the matter was deferred to the next meeting so that Cllr. Fudge can take part.

Revised signatory list for bank accounts is now operative.

Cllr. Tromans, having studied the Rights of Way Improvement Plan and associated Consultation Document reported that it identified a number of issues including: state of footpaths, waymarking, maps on Parish Council Notice boards, lack of verge mowing, lack of bridleways, need for more cycle routes and problems with dogs off leads.

Great concern was expressed about the increase in �off-roading� by motorcycles and 4WD vehicles � Derbyshire is a �hot-spot� for organisations, which promote these activities. Parish Councils are advised to identify BOATS (bye ways open to all traffic), which may be vulnerable. These include green lanes and droving roads, which are not designated as footpaths, or bridleways as there are no laws to prevent vehicular use of ancient rights of way. The council should be prepared. Clerk will investigate the identification of vulnerable tracks. (Ashover PC is reported to be well upon this matter).

07/182 Declarations of Interest

None

07/183 Clerk�s report

A letter from G and M Hartshorne raised issues regarding a letter sent to AVBC in February 2006 concerning their planning application. Clerk will look into this matter.

AVBC �Flood Fairs� These are being advertised locally and are intended to inform people living in properties liable to flooding of the help and advice available.

Up-grading printing and Internet facilities in Parish Office and for Councillors- AVBC is increasing the use of electronic communication especially in relation to planning applications. Clerk was instructed to investigate installation of broadband, the purchase of a new computer and an up-grade of printing facilities with a view to speeding communications between AVBC and the Clerk and the Clerk and members of the Parish Council.

Clerk now has chequebooks for Jubilee and Charity bank accounts so that they may be accessed as appropriate.

Regimental Pilgrimage � this will take place on Sunday 6th. July at 3.00pm and Chair will receive a formal invitation.

Allotments � work is going on to settle the terms of the agreement between the new owner and the Parish Council and to determine a mutually agreeable Code of Conduct for the allotment holders.

RG fence. Council is now in a position to seek funding from section 106 monies.

Damage to wall at Jubilee ground � Clerk circulated a photograph plus 2 estimates one of which will be accepted when the specification is clarified.

Members were asked to suggest footpaths, which would benefit from repair using the Minor Maintenance Grant, which is available to pay for approved projects. FP 11 (Crick BG to Moor Edge Farm), which is very badly drained and hence currently impassable, and the footpath by Wheatcroft Chapel were suggested � Clerk was instructed to get estimates.

Code of Conduct DVD is available for viewing and is being circulated among members. Those who have seen it report it to be valuable.

A meeting of Clerks took place on Wednesday 24th January 2008. There was a very constructive discussion about the problems related to the electronic planning applications process. It was made clear that AVBC are keen to make this system work effectively and that they are willing to listen to the concerns of Parish Councils. The Parish Council agreed to Clerk�s suggestion that he look into upgrading IT and printing facilities so that plans and related documents can be downloaded and circulated quickly in order that members have adequate time to study applications

It was also stressed that it is of the utmost importance that Councils and Councillors abide by the Code of Conduct.

07/184 Planning decisions

AVA/20087/1507 Agric. Bldg. Chase Cliff Farm � GRANTED

AVA/200871529 Siting of caravans Wakebridge Farm � REFUSED

AVA/2007/1502 Rear ext. Sunnyside, Briars Lane � GRANTED

07/185 Planning applications

http://opengov.ambervalley.gov.uk/dailylist/dailyapplist.aspx

AVA/2008/0033 Nether Nook Chapel Lane 2 dwellings with garages OBJECTION ON GROUNDS OF OVERCROWDING AND TRAFFIC PROBLEMS

AVA/2008/0041 Beech Cott. Shaws Hill Whatstandwell. 2 story side ext.*******

TRE0233 Fernside Bobbin Mill Hill Fritchley � various tree pruning NO OBJECTIONS

AVA/2008/0074 Barn Close Farm Lynam Rd. Fritchley - conversion of redundant farm buildings into 3 dwellings NO OBJECTONS

AVA/2008/0077 The Yews. The Common Crich � replacement of cottage and barn with new dwelling OBJECTION ON GROUNDS OF ACCESS PROBLEMS

AVA/2008 � playstore at Crich Carr School NO OBJECTION

AVA/2008/0085 and 0087 Canal Cottage Matlock Rd. Ambergate � detached stone garage and various renovations*****

Ava/2008/0125 23 The Common 3 new houses *****

07/186 Accounts

Balances at 10.01.2008

Yorkshire Bank current A/C �32169.71

Yorkshire Bank Jubilee A/C � 946.22

Yorkshire Bank Charity A/C �123.43

Income:

YB current A/C �67.25

YB Jubilee A/C interest �0.08

Payments:

� Chq. No.

CH Ludlam Clerk �397.68 + expenses �30.04 427.72 203

M MacArther Caretaker BG + RG 126.76 204

Glebe Field Trust 525.00 205

Zurich Insurance 916.70 206

AVBC Christmas Tree 898.88 207

AVBC Christmas Tree electrics 112.51 208

Crich Brass 150.00 209

Fritchley Christmas Tree 150.00 210

Crich Evergreen Club 200.00 211

Fritchley OAP Association 100.00 212

Crich Luncheon Club 150.00 213

Whatstandwell Social Club 150.00 214

Crich Rangers FC 250.00 215

Crich Scouts 250.00 216

C.H. Ludlam answer machine for Parish Office �29.99 217

Grass Track (grounds maintenance January) �364.84 218

Moss Office Services (stationary supplies) 38.57 219

07/187 Circulars and publications

New leader of AVBC � Cllr. Stuart Bradford Local Community forums � greater Belper area to be held at Whitemoor Centre, Belper on 26th Feb 2008 at 7.00 pm

SACRE annual report

Communities and Local Government � Orders and regulations relating to the conduct of local authority members in England (Consultation)

Rock and Blues Festival will no longer take place in Pentrich .

Chair and guest are invited to Belper Town Council Civic Service on 9th March at 3 p.m. at Christchurch with refreshments to follow.

Timetable for Borough elections in May.

What�s on in Amber Valley February 2008.

Black spot lighting applications via AVBC � rules have been changed.

Glebe Centre profit and loss account statement.

Opportunity to join AVBC Standards Committee.

Campaign to Protect Rural England � planning seminar Saturday, 26th April, at Findern Village Hall.

Charity Commission News

2008 Calor Village of the Year Competition

Appointment of external auditor

Request from AVBC for details of allotment provision in the Parish.

07/188 Communications from parishioners

Mr. And Mrs. Robson of Fritchley asking PC to reconsider the decision not to support the Sims Charity

Mr. Critchlow of Yew Tree Farm (adjacent to the allotments) complaining about the behaviour of some allotment holders

07/189 Information from Councillors

Cllr. Smith expressed sympathy to the family of the late Mrs. Effie Bathie widow of a former Vicar of Crich. She also noted, with regret, that the long established bakery (Allsops) had closed.

Cllr. Steppings requested that the grit bin on Potters Hill be refilled.

Cllr. Brierton made a similar request for the one on St. Michael�s Close.

Cllr. Thorpe noted that the grit bin on Bullbridge Hill is in need of repair and the road near the Hat Factory is affected by mud

Cllr. Harrison informed the meeting that new signs now marked The Dimple (Fritchley) and Dimple Lane (Crich)

Cllr. Bateman expressed concern over dog fouling between the Jubilee Gardens and The Tors. He also questioned the parking of commercial vehicles in residential areas. There are in fact no restrictions unless an obstruction is being caused. All parked vehicles over 7.5 tonne must display lights at night.

Cllr. Clark had attended a citizens panel addressed by the new Chief Constable. The setting up of �key individual networks� was described, these are intended to encourage individuals to monitor and report criminal activity. Anyone interested should visit the website.

Chair thanked everyone for their attendance and the meeting closed at 9.45 pm.

NEXT MEETING MONDAY 3rd March 2008

Clive Ludlam Parish Clerk 9th. February 2008