skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Crich village cross

MINUTES OF A MEETING HELD ON FEBRUARY 20TH 2012 TO DISCUSS THE SEVERN TRENT RESERVOIR PROJECT

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

PRESENT: Cllrs Lane (Chair), Brierton (vice- Chair), Bown, Broom, Clark, Harwood, Slaney, Steppings and Thorpe and 3 members of the public. Clerk in attendance.
Apologies Cllrs. Baugh and Wells
Cty. Jackson also attended the meeting. He will be present at any DCC Highways site meetings regarding this project.
Cllr Lane presented an up-date on the work of the Action Group:

  • She had contacted AVBC who understand the concerns of the community and would support the setting up of a Liaison Committee but would not take responsibility for setting it up. They provided the name of a contact at Savills (estate agents?) who may help. Chair will contact him.
  • A reply has been received from Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. They are unable to carry out an environmental survey but provided contact details of those who could. However, it was agreed that this course of action was no longer appropriate.
  • A reply had been received from Patrick McCloughlan MP attaching the Severn Trent reply to a letter he had forwarded to them. They claim to have evaluated 10 possible routes to the construction site and that any decision will not be influenced by financial considerations.
  • Nigel Mills MP has not responded to either of the 2 letters sent to him.

Road Safety
Cllr. Brierton informed the meeting that he believes that the current 7.5 tonne weight limit on Bullbridge Hill does not apply to vehicles requiring access to the zone. Cty Cllr. Jackson agreed to check the legal position.
It was agreed to request the following:

  • 30 mph restriction along the whole of The Common
  • 2 traffic activated flashing “30 mph” signs
  • Signage to debar HGV from Chadwick Nick Lane
  • Request for traffic calming measures and parking restrictions around the junction of the proposed “haul road” and The Common
  • Restriction of construction traffic when children are going to and coming from school noting that these movements may extend from 7.30 am to 9.00 am and 3.00pm to 4.30 pm. Further there are a number of locations where children gather when catching or alighting from buses.
  • A larger mirror at the junction of Bullbridge hill and Drovers Way
  • Creating a one-way system at the junction of Chadwick Nick Lane and The Common
  • Replacing the missing 30 mph sign at the end of Chadwick Nick Lane
  • “Blind Summit“ sign at the approach to Fritchley from Chadwick Nick Lane
  • Restriction of lorry size and movements e.g.� 8 wheeler 32 tonne maximum with no more than 2 lorries on Bullbridge Hill at any one time with a 5 minute break in between.
  • Measures to be put in place to ensure that construction traffic adheres to the designated route
  • Workers to be bussed in to the site to reduce traffic
  • A traffic survey to be undertaken with reference to the impact of both the Reservoir project and the Stevenson’s site project
  • Provision of crash barriers on the bends


Concessions
It was agreed to ask Severn Trent for the following:
1. Replacement of the play equipment at the Recreation Ground
2. Provision of an access road to the Burial Ground extension
3. Free water for residents for the duration of the construction project

All the above plus others which may come to light will be referred to the planning authority when the planning application is made.

 


Clive Ludlam,
Parish Clerk
Glebe Field Centre, Crich, Matlock DE4 5 EU
crichparishcouncil@btconnect.com
01773 853928