skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Crich village cross
Image from around Crich Parish

Minutes of the meeting of Crich Parish Council
Monday, 7 March 2005, in the Glebe Field Centre

Present: Cllr Goodhead (Chairman), Cllr Lane (Vice Chairman), Cllrs Brierton, Harris, Harwood, Salt, Smith, Thorpe, Tromans, and Whitney, Clerk in attendance, Cty Cllr Bulkeley-Kirkham, and 3 members of the public.

Apologies: Cllrs Cooke and Bendon.

7094 Matters raised by the public
(a) Arrangements for refuse collection by AVBC.
(b) Parking near St Mary�s Church during services.

7095 Minutes of the extraordinary meeting of 21 February 2005
RESOLVED: that these be signed by the Chairman without amendment.

7096 Matters arising from the Minutes
7085 Cllr Thorpe reaffirmed that funds were available for the Infant School�s pedestrian barrier if it so decided.
7069 Cllr Lane asked for the blackspot lighting list to be forwarded to DCC and Cty Cllr Bulkeley-Kirkham.

7097 Police matters
Inspector Jon Lish attended the meeting. He said that for Beat 101 covering the parish there should now be a designated officer on each of the five daily shifts for the first time; that a PC would attend Parish Council meetings unless operational reasons prevented it; and that traffic warden duties were being taken over by DCC. He reminded the meeting of the non-emergency Derbyshire Constabulary phone number 0845 123 3333. He answered questions from the Council and the public.

7098 Neighbourhood Watch
PC Sandra Haycock addressed the meeting on Neighbourhod Watch schemes. There were currently four in the parish. The Parish Council had a duty to promote measures to reduce crime under s.17 of the Crime and Disorder Act. The Police would train Co-ordinators of schemes free of charge. Such schemes could vary widely in size. She also gave information on the Ringmaster service which notified participants of crimes in the area.

7099 Clerk�s appointment
The Council excluded the public for this item under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 section 2 by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted. The Council discussed the terms of appointment.
RESOLVED: to set the Clerk�s starting scale at SCP18 for 15 hours a week.

7100 Clerk�s report
Beech tree by recreation ground Following up a request by Cllr Harwood, the Tree Wardens recommended a professional inspection of one of the line of beech trees by The Beeches.
RESOLVED: Clerk to seek professional advice prior to any tree surgery.
Belper Town Council Civic Service 3 April Chairman was asked to Belper Civic Service and could attend.
Calor Derbyshire Village of the Year 2005 Clerk presented entry forms for 2005 competition.
RESOLVED: not to enter the competition.
Charity Commission: recreation ground registration The Charity Commission has determined �that this organisation is required to be registered as a charity� following the Charity Commission scheme of 24.10.1947 and the conveyance held on trust by the Parish Council dated 18.7.1950.
RESOLVED: Clerk to request a copy of the 1947 scheme from the Commission.
Derbyshire Aggregates Levy Grant Scheme Clerk noted that this scheme was now extended for two years.
RESOLVED: to pass details to Crich Heritage Trust.
Derbyshire Local transport Plan No 2
RESOLVED: to pass this to Cllr Harris.
Letters from the public for submission to Council (procedure for admitting) Clerk submitted a document outlining the current position.
RESOLVED: to consider the matter in conjunction with updating of Standing Orders; members to propose amendments to Standing Orders.

7101 Crich Market Place (DCC Report)
The Council discussed the Traffic Management Study.
RESOLVED: Cllr Whitney to draft a letter for the Clerk to send to DCC in reply.

7102 Burial Ground
Access land purchase
RESOLVED: to authorize any legal and professional payments as they became due (subject to the Council�s limit set in Minute 7071) rather than wait for signing at Council meetings.
Memorial inspection Clerk and Chairman had met with Mr Steele of Mandale Memorials (Rowsley) to seek advice.
RESOLVED: Clerk to arrange for memorial testing from the quotes already received.

7103 Parish Warden
AVBC informed the Council that they could not undertake parish warden work. The Council discussed the choice between advertising for a single employee or engaging a contractor.
RESOLVED: Clerk to seek indicative rates from interested contractors.

7104 Planning applications
AVA/2005/0061 Farmhouse at Ann Croft: agricultural appraisal document. �No change to the Council�s objections under Minute 7074�.
AVA/2005/0181 19 Cromford Road, Crich (Holden): conversion of cowshed to 2 stores. �No comment�.
TRE/2005/0016 5 Hindersitch Lane, Whatstandwell (Critchlow): fell conifer and prune others. �To tree wardens�.
Site visit AVA/2004/1343 Land adjacent Nether Nook, Chapel Lane, Crich: 8 March 1.45 pm.

7105 Accounts
Balances 10 February Current a/c 7197.49; Savings a/c �18029.17; Jubilee a/c �944.50; Charity �112.52
Income
Yorkshire Bank re: savings a/c interest on closure (24.2) �140.93
Midlands CS Funeral Services re: memorial (7.3) �36.00
Expenditure
Derek Harwood re: BG caretaking February 902 �86.67
M D A Coultas re: Acting Clerk February �624.80 + �72.12 exp. 903 �696.92
Glebe Field Centre re: February contribution 904 �440.00
Accident cheques for DCC
RESOLVED: not to pay these two cheques until MIB had made final payment for the accident claim.
Deposit options
RESOLVED: to leave the sum from the closed deposit account in the current account until further notice.

7106 Correspondence from other authorities
AVBC Minutes submitted on 16 February 2005
East Midlands regional Assembly: Towards a regional waste strategy
East Midlands Regional Assembly: Towards a regional freight strategy
Standards Board for England: A code for the future � consultation

7107 Information
Cllr Harris attended a meeting earlier in the day of the Glebe Field Centre Finance Committee with the accountant and reported that progress was being made in preparing accounting statements and in assessing future costs.
A quarry slippage was reported close to a footpath. Cllr Bendon would contact the quarry.


The Chairman thanked members and public for their attendance and closed the meeting at 10.40 pm