skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Picture of Crich Stand

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Crich Parish Council

Monday March 6th 2017, held in the Glebe Field Centre

Please contact the Clerk if further information is required

Minutes are not published until approved at the subsequent meeting

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

Present:

Cllr. Lane (Chair), Cllrs. Anstead, Bateman, Broom, Brown, Smith, Thorpe, Walsh and Yorke.  Cty. Cllr. Williams, AVBC Cllr. Gee and 9 members of the public.
Clerk in attendance.

Part 1 Non – confidential items

17/1475 To receive apologies for absence:

Cllrs. Baugh, Clark and Collison. AVBC Cllr. Gee and Cty. Cllr. Taylor.

17/1476 To receive declarations of interest and to approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest.

Chair as member of Glebe Management Committee

17/1477 Police matters

No police present
Contact: PCSO Christopher Bannister 3841
christopher.bannister.3841@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk
Concern was expressed at the fact that it took 25 minutes for the police to arrive at the scene of a break-in at Crich Post Office.
Concern was also expressed regarding the number of incidents of theft and of road traffic misbehaviour in the Parish – it was noted that there is rarely if ever a visible police presence in Crich Parish.
Clerk was instructed to write to Derbyshire Constabulary regarding these issues.

17/1478 Members of the public (10 minutes)

A resident expressed her concern regarding the danger of the Tors footpath especially at the “viewing point” just beyond the style where the wall is low, the view very attractive and the drop into the former quarry sheer and deep. Footpaths are the responsibility of DCC Rights of Way who have already installed 2 signs warning of the danger but they cannot take direct action as the official line of the path is too far from the boundary. Clerk will contact the landowner to ask if he is willing to erect a fence.
A number of members of the public attended to express their objection to the inclusion of a site off the Common in the AVBC draft Local Plan (please see Chair’s report below).

17/1479 County and Borough Councillors

AVBC Cllr. Thorpe provided a written report by email.
Cty Cllr. Williams has been involved in trying to prevent the obstruction and nuisance caused by lorries delivering to the Peveril Homes site on Crich Rd., Fritchley.
Cty. Cllr. Taylor was unable to attend the meeting but sent a report stating that a DCC Highways officer has agreed to “have a think” about traffic issues around Crich Market Place.

17/1480 Minutes of the meeting of February 6th 2017

The Minutes were accepted and signed by Chair.

17/1481 Reports

Chair - The STW reservoir project is going to plan. The new reservoir is fully commissioned and the old reservoir is being demolished in readiness for a rebuild (this will generate an increase in lorry traffic during the summer months).
Chair has raised concerns with Rolls Royce regarding the possibility of radioactively contaminated water from Hilts Quarry draining into the brook as the result of ground disturbance caused by the Harron Homes building site.
Neighbourhood Plan - this is now with AVBC for “screening”. The programme for the public consultation will be published soon.
Chair attended a meeting held by AVBC to consider their draft Local Plan. She spoke in opposition to the inclusion of the site at the old slaughterhouse on the Common at Crich as a site for 80 houses. The objections expressed included reference to the excessive new building which has been allowed in the Parish area over the last 2 years and to the fact that with its limited infra-structure Crich is not even currently a sustainable community.
For information:
The Local Plan documents will be published on the AVBC website on March 17th 2017
A consultation event will take place at the Glebe Field Centre on Friday 24th March 2017 (2.30 – 6.30 pm).
Cllr. Broom (Chair of the Finance Committee) reported on the current financial position. It was agreed to hold a Finance Committee meeting on Thursday 23rd of March to review the Budget for 2017-8 and to report back to the next meeting of the full council.
PLACE project – Cllr. Yorke circulated a report by email. He will be invited to attend the next meeting of the Finance Committee to discuss the PLACE budget and deposit account
BG development – the easement has now been established.  Clerk is arranging for the site to landscaped in readiness for consecration.
Winter Service – no grit bins are reported as being empty.

17/1482 Items for Discussion

Designation of field path as a “public right of way” off Bowmer Lane, Frichley – Clerk was instructed to write to DCC expressing support for this path to be formally adopted.
Formal resolution to consecrate an additional part of the Burial Ground – the resolution was adopted unanimously.
The Pentrich Revolution Commemoration Project budget – a further £2000 was allocated to this cause.
Failure of building contractors to keep Roes Lane clean – the problem continues, a wheel washing machine seems to have been installed but is not being used effectively
The new Deposit Account for the PLACE project has been set - the sum to be deposited will be debated at the next meeting of the Finance Committee scheduled for Friday March 24th. Thanks were expressed to Cllrs. Clark and Smith for their time and effort in setting up this new account.
Setting up a Crich Parish Council website – it was resolved by 8 votes to 1 (prop. Cllr. Anstead sec. Cllr. Brown) that Clerk should pursue this with the designated contractor.
Fumes from parked cars at Fritchley Green – the head teacher has not responded to a letter from the Clerk.
A “Parish Tour” – making arrangements to be deferred until the April meeting
Clerk was instructed to investigate the adoption of an appropriate complaints procedure.
A proposal regarding the award of a contract to provide floral displays for Spring/Summer 2017 (prop Cllr. Broom and sec. Cllr. Yorke) was agreed by 6 votes to 3.
Discussion of ways in which the Market Place can be improved was deferred until the April meeting.

17/1483 Planning Decisions

Permitted:
AVA/2016/1309 Potters Cottage, Potters Hill, Wheatcroft – extension to side and rear
AVA/2017/0040 Coddington Top Farm – non material amendment to AVA/2016/1158, in-fill development under existing approved overhang.

17/1484 Planning Applications

AVA/2016/0100 non-material amendment to AVA/2016/0221 changes to roof lights and windows NO OBJECTION
AVA/2017/0169 3, Chase View conversion of roof space to bedroom and en suite shower room NO OBJECTION
AVA/2016/1277 Hillcrest development – reserved matters for AVA/2016/0483 appearance and landscaping – NO OBJECTION
AVA/2017/0209 1, Archway Cottages, Crich – outline for one dwelling. OBJECTION – the site within the conservation area is cramped, parking is limited and access unsuitable.
AVA/2017/0124 Old End House, Roes Lane, Crich – side extension and associated terracing –NO OBJECTION.

17/1485 Accounts

Balance in Current Account at 09.01.17   £63,856.79

Income in December £830.64  (Burial fees and small Christmas Trees)
Bank Reconciliation (Current Account) available for inspection.
Deposit Account                                                £20,232.42

Expenditure

C. Ludlam (Clerk) 

£500.80

Chq 546
Glebe Field Trust
£750.00
Chq 547
Grass Track
£431.95
Chq 548
Viking Direct
£84.93
Chq 549

British Gas

£20.04
Chq 550
DCC Fritchley PF licence
£120.00
Chq 551
Sitemaker (NP website hosting)
£54.00
Chq 552
HMR and C Tax and NI
£323.20
Chq 553
Derwent Waste (skip hire)
£120.00
Chq 554
M MacArther (work at RG and BG)
£139.50
Chq 555
Keptkleen
£208.00
Chq 556

17/1486 Items for Information

DALC circulars

17/1487 Communications from members of the public

Letters of thanks for donation from Muddlealong, Whatstandwell WI and the Sims Charity

Part 2 Confidential items

None.

NEXT MEETING: MONDAY April 3rd 2017 at 7.30 PM

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING WILL BE PRECEDED BY THE
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING COMMENCING AT 7.00 PM.

Clive Ludlam
(Parish Clerk)