skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Crich village cross
Image from around Crich Parish

Minutes of the meeting of Crich Parish Council
Monday, 3 April 2006, in the Glebe Field Centre

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

Present: Cllr Lane (Chair), Cllr Brierton (Vice Chair), Cllrs Bendon, Goodhead, Harris, Harwood, Smith, Thorpe, Tromans, and Whitney, Clerk in attendance, Cty Cllr Jackson, and 5 members of the public.

Apologies: Cllr Salt.

05/403 Public Participation
(a) Comments on planning application AVA/2006/0291.
(b) Comments on planning application AVA/2006/0278.
(c) PC Smith later advised on a public complaint to Police.

05/404 Minutes of the meeting of 6 March 2006
RESOLVED: that these be approved without amendment and signed by the Chair.

05/405 Matters arising from the Minutes
05/338 and 380: Clerk had no response yet from MP and AVBC.
05/347: Chair said that work had started on restoring the wall on Dimple Lane.
05/378: Cllr Smith said that work had started on Bowns Hill conveniences.
05/382: Chair said that AVBC was taking enforcement action on AVA/2005/1339.
05/383: Cllr Tromans said that terne coated steel was lead coated steel.

05/406 Declarations of interest
Cllr Smith declared an interest in planning application AVA/2006/0313. The Council accepted the recommendation of the Planning Committee for �No objection� without further discussion.

05/407 Police matters
PC Steve Smith attended. He said that children on mini motorbikes needed documentation that could only be held by an adult and that their activity was therefore illegal. There was one children�s officer based at Alfreton. He would see if the Police could produce warning leaflets for attaching to cars parked on pavements. Residents were concerned at the nuisance made at the AVBC garages at The Beeches by young persons playing. PC Smith said that any new PCSO would almost certainly be assigned to Ripley rather than the rural area of the subdivision.

05/408 Whatstandwell Ward vacancy
Clerk said that no valid call had been made to AVBC for a bye election. It was therefore up to the Council to co-opt a member �as soon as practicable�.
RESOLVED: Clerk to put up public notices saying that the Council would consider candidates for the vacancy who presented themselves in person to the 8th May AGM.

05/409 Local Authority Councillors
Cty Cllr Jackson said that (a) he had received Government advice that Quiet Lanes could go ahead and he was shortly to put a question to DCC; (b) Fritchley parking was getting worse and it may be time for a new approach to DCC; (c) he was aware of problems with residents� access via the steep grass bank at The Beeches, Crich.
RESOLVED: Clerk to write to John Cheetham AVBC Housing about The Beeches.
Borough Cllr Thorpe had (a) asked DCC for resurfacing on Allen Lane, Fritchley, (b) asked AVBC for a site visit and to put The Briars application AVA/2006/0291 into the planning book, (c) written to DCC and Police about extensive and recurring damage to Bowmer Lane stone wall, (d) arranged for the damaged AVBC grit bin at Bobbin Mill Hill to be replaced, and (e) secured AVBC enforcement action on AVA/2005/1339.

Clerk�s Report
05/410 Bus stop re-signing (Roes Lane/Bowns Hill) Two misspelt signs had been replaced by DCC.
05/411 Charity Commission registration (Recreation Ground) The Commission had found an earlier registration from 1964 no. 520443 and had deleted the new 2005 registration no. 1111533. No further action was needed.
05/412 Hilts Quarry: future meeting with EA/RR Environment Agency proposed a joint meeting with RR to discuss the Council�s outstanding concerns at Hilts Quarry. Cllr Bendon was happy provided detailed Minutes were taken.
RESOLVED: Clerk to arrange for the EA and RR to attend a Council meeting as soon as convenient after May.
05/413 Invitation to Julian Townsend for 8 May Mr Townsend could attend either of the two meetings on 8th May.
RESOLVED: Clerk to invite Mr Townsend to the Annual Parish Meeting to allow a more flexible procedure.
05/414 Lighting at Chapel Row Clerk had received two written objections from Chapel Row residents.
RESOLVED: Clerk to suggest to DCC a position at the end of New Road.

05/415 Planning decisions
AVA/2005/0954 Plaistow House Farm (Hartshorne): agricultural notification for new building Granted
AVA/2005/1339 Fairfield Fm, Fritchley (Treanor): agricultural bldg for livestock/equipment Enforcement
AVA/2005/1394 Land at Lynam Road, Fritchley (Williamson): agricultural notification for access + extension to barn Granted
AVA/2006/0198 55A The Common, Crich (Dolman): two new dwellings Withdrawn

05/416 Planning applications
AVA/2006/0278 Coddington Farm, Whatstandwell (Northcutt): barn conversion to dependent relative unit. �The Parish Council opposes this application. It is not in keeping with the surrounding farmland ambience, involving the very heavy alteration of the traditional appearance of an established agricultural building to a housing unit more appropriate to an already developed setting. No dependent relative is named on the application, nor any description given of what �dependency� means and why it is applicable in this case. The application as designed would not for example suit a person with deteriorating mobility and seems to be for a multi-occupancy holiday let or outright sale. The Council is also concerned with overdevelopment at this location and notes that AVA/2005/0610 already permits a large 2 storey extension to Coddington Farm, not yet begun.�
AVA/2006/0291 The Briars (Notts Diocese Youth Service): improved vehicular access and parking. �The Parish Council opposes this application on the grounds of our previous opposition to the withdrawn application 2005/0651. It is intolerable for The Common, already about to suffer around 40 extra cars after the development of the 24 unit abattoir site a little further north, to have to cope with significantly increased numbers of large public service vehicles at a dangerous position just where the road bends. The Council also refers the Borough to the application�s own reference to further enlargement of the buildings. This application is an essential link to such development. We therefore query whether it is improper for it to be a separate application and request that it be withdrawn and linked to the larger plans in a single application so that we would all know exactly what the true proposals are for future development. The noise and nuisance from this site are already very detrimental to the amenities of local residents and further intensification of the use of the site is likely to meet with fierce opposition. There are no facilities in Crich for the large number of young people who visit The Briars now, and this leads to problems when they are off-site. Further expansion of the site would not be compatible with its rural setting.�
AVA/2006/0312 Dial Farm, Crich (Lynam & Sons): replace cattle shed + 1 bay extension. �No objections.�
AVA/2006/0313 3 Snowdrop Valley, Crich (Crowley): ext to rear for new conservatory. �No objections subject to AVBC�s rules on permitted size.�

05/417 Burial ground
Widening of path Clerk had secured two quotations which exceeded the budget amount as that was based on a previous quote that did not allow for carriage of vehicles on the path, currently built as a footpath. Cllr Brierton explained the need for widening of the path to take service vehicles and advised against postponement as the newly consecrated area was already in use for burials. Cllr Thorpe said that a third quote would be best practice in view of the higher price range.
RESOLVED: Clerk to attempt to secure a third quotation and report to next meeting.

05/418 Glebe Field Centre
Cllr Harris reported on the AGM of the Trustees and Management Committee on 27th March. Accounts for the year to 30th September 2005 had been approved. Cllr Harris said the Management Committee had no responsibility for development of sports facilities at The Glebe but that the Council could offer to act as intermediary with the Trustees and other partners. Cllr Bendon proposed a letter be sent to the Trustees on that subject. Cllr Whitney proposed asking the Management Committee for quarterly financial statements.
RESOLVED: Clerk to write to the Trustees and Management Committee as proposed.

05/419 Transport
The Council discussed the traffic consultant�s report on Market Place improvements. Cllr Bendon said that the Transport Committee preferred to go along with the report and had reduced its grant request to DALG to �14,000 for build out of pavements with the Council contributing �2,000.
RESOLVED: to approve the Committee�s reduction in grant request.

Accounts
05/420 Balances 10 March Current �18082.13; Jubilee �945.06; Charity �116.80
Income
05/421 Yorkshire Bank re: current a/c interest (28.2) �23.87
05/422 DCC re: footpaths MMA 2005/6 refund (13.3) �350.00
Expenditure
05/423 M D A Coultas re: Clerk�s salary March less tax/NI 013 �452.99
05/424 M Macarthur re: BG/PG caretaking March 014 �108.33
05/425 Crich Glebe Field Trust re: March contribution 015 �462.00
05/426 BT re: office phone 016 �121.74
05/427 CKG Consultancy Ltd re: Market Place 017 �675.63
05/428 DALC re: subscription 2006/7 018 �416.91
05/429 Post Office Ltd (for Inland Revenue) re: NI and tax (Council/Clerk) 019 �123.42
05/430 Derwent Waste Management re: BG skip 020 �70.50
05/431 AVBC re: BG non-domestic rates 2005/6 and 2006/7 (adjusted) 021 �00.88

05/432 Circulars and publications
ABA Info 33 Spring 2006
Derbyshire Fire Service risk management plan 2006/7
Derwent Valley Mills Partnership Minutes 26 January

05/433 Information
Chair gave a reminder of 7 pm start for May Annual Parish Meeting preceding the Council�s AGM.
Cllr Tromans commended the Ashover Parish Plan as a model worth examining.
Cllr Harris commented on untidy streets and supported return of a Parish Warden.
Cllr Harwood said that AVBC should clean streets and advised Clerk/Members to contact Street Scene.
Cllr Bendon would attend Crich Quarry Liaison Committee on 20th April and report to the May AGM.
Cllr Goodhead said the Scouts were seeking funds and had applied to the Lottery.
Cllr Whitney explained procedures on dog fouling.
Cllr Brierton gave his apology for the May AGM and confirmed he would not take on the Chairmanship.
Cllr Harris gave apologies for the May AGM and June meetings.
Cllr Goodhead gave apologies for the May AGM.


The Chair thanked members and public for their attendance and closed the meeting at 10.15 pm.