skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Picture of Crich Stand

Minutes of the meeting of Crich Parish Council

Monday April 4th 2016, held in the Glebe Field Centre

Minutes are not published until approved at the subsequent meeting

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

Present

Cllr. Lane (Chair), Cllrs Clark (vice-Chair), Anstead, Broom, Collison, Smith and Walsh. 
Cty Cllrs. Taylor and Williams and 3 members of the public. Clerk in attendance.

Part 1 Non – confidential items

16/1344 To receive apologies for absence:

Cllrs. Bateman, Baugh, Brown, Thorpe and Yorke. AVBC Cllr. Gee.

16/1345 To receive declarations of interest and to approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest.

Cllrs Broom and Walsh – Neighbourhood Plan (as members of Rural Action Derbyshire).
Cllr. Lane (Glebe Field Centre Trustee).

16/1346 Police matters

Contact: PCSO Christopher Bannister 3841
christopher.bannister.3841@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk
Clerk was instructed to report the vandalism at Fritchley Green to the police.

16/1347 Members of the public (10 minutes)

The foliage on the wall at Cromford Rd., below the Church is narrowing the already narrow carriageway.

16/1348 County and Borough Councillors

AVBC Cllr. Thorpe provided an emailed report.
Cty. Cllr. Williams has obtained some “Keep Off- soft verges” signs for Fritchley Green. He also out lined the plans to commemorate the Pentrich revolution and urged the Parish Council to support the project (including the provision of information boards) as a number of Fritchley men were involved
Cllr. Broom proposed the a budget of £1100 should be allocated to support this project – the proposal was carried by 5 votes in favour with 2 abstentions
Cty. Cllr. Taylor has persuaded the land owner to place signs on the Tors footpath warning of the “Dangerous Cliff”. He is urging DCC to provide a “Blind Junction” warning sign at the junction of Shaw’s Hill and Main Rd., Whatstandwell He paid tribute to the efforts of Cllr. Smith in getting DCC to resurface Coast Hill Terrace and announced that he will be using some of his “Community Fund” to support the Glebe Field Centre.

16/1349 Minutes of the meeting of March 7th 2016

The Minutes were accepted and signed by Chair.

16/1350 Reports

Meeting with Cllr. Cox (Chair of AVBC) – the outcome of the Freedom of Information request regarding the identity of those developers who withdrew their support from the AVBC Local Plan at the last moment is awaited.

Neighbourhood Plan – the group will write to Cllr. Cox (Chair of AVBC) reminding him of the obligation to support the development of the Crich Neighbourhood Plan and detailing the help needed.

Proposal by Gladman for further development at Roes Lane – the Parish Council is totally opposed to further development on this site. It was agreed that an invitation to meet with representatives of Gladman Homes should be accepted on the condition that it is open to members of the public.

Finance Committee Report 
The committee proposed the following budget for 2016-7 which was ratified by full Council: 

Administration 
14000
 
BG maintenance
3200
 
Glebe Field Centre
9550
 
Landscape Maintenance
5000
 
Insurance
1500
 
Donations
2500
 
Winter Service
3000
 
Parish Enhancement
6000
 
Public WC
3500
 
PLACE project (Recreation Ground)
15000
(in addition to any grants received)
Allotments
1600
 
Neighbourhood Plan
2000
(in addition to any grants received)
Burial Ground Development
5000
 
Pentrich Revolution Commemoration
1100
(in conjunction with Heritage Lottery Funding)
Contingency
10000
 

           

Winter Service – Woodside has now been adopted by AVBC and PC agreed to consider supplying a grit bin in time for next winter.
PLACE project – Cllr. Yorke circulated a report by email.
Burial Ground Development – Cllr. Collison and the Clerk held a site visit at the Burial Ground accompanied by Terry Daniel whose knowledge of the site proved invaluable. Clerk to establish the exact line of the gas main and associated easement with a view to clearing rubble from the right hand side of the existing area with a view to bringing it into use.
Derwent Valley cycleway – the PC is generally in favour of this proposed development but raised concerns over the way in which the movement of cyclists and pedestrians can be managed safely.

16/1351 Items for Discussion

A plaque in memory of the late Cllr. John Steppings has been purchased.
Defibrillators – the council continues to seek appropriate sites. Cllr. Smith has had a very positive meeting with Crich Baptists regarding locating a unit on their premises.
Unused Youth Club equipment – 3 schools have applied: Crich Infants, Crich Carr and Fritchley. Clerk was instructed to make arrangements for the applicants to gain access to this equipment.
Removal of bus subsidies by DCC (please see forwarded email from Dethick Lea and Holloway PC). Cty. Cllr. Williams urged Members to take the opportunity to participate in the on-line survey before the closing date 24th April. It was agreed the Clerk should report the view of the Parish Council which expressed concern that the removal of bus services would have a negative impact on Crich especially if they are not carried out selectively viz. those bus services which are currently well used should be maintained.
Allotment drive – Clerk have received an estimate for £1530 to carry out urgent repairs to the allotment drive where it joins Hindersitch Lane. It was resolved that this work should be carried out.

16/1352 Planning Decisions

Permitted:-
AVA/2015/1228 Holly Bank, Carr Lane, Crich - dwelling house
AVA/2016/0109 Crich Scout Hut – shed
AVA/2016/0737 Coddington Top Farm Conversion of equestrian building to dwelling (departure from adopted Development Plan)

Refused:-
AVA/2016/0089 1, Archway Cottages, Crich detached dwelling (outline).

Withdrawn:-
AVA/2016/0079 former DCC Highways depot, Wakebridge

16/1353 Planning Applications

AVA/2016/0238 Yew Tree Cottage, The Common 2 storey extension NO OBJECTION
AVA/2016/0221 19, Hindersitch Lane – demolish conservatory, upward extension of existing gables. Flat roofed dormer and loft conversion NO OBJECTION
AVA/2016/0256 The Cottage, The Dimple – 2 storey and basement level extension NO OBJECTION
AVA/2016/0283 55A The Common – conversion of garage to self-contained ancillary accommodation
 NO OBJECTION subject to the following:

  1. The accommodation must only be used for ancillary residential purposes in connection with the main dwelling and not as a separate and independent and unconnected unit of accommodation
  2.  At no time should the ancillary accommodation be sold or let as a separate dwelling.
  3.  A scheme of landscaping and boundary treatment to the written satisfaction of the Planning Authority shall be implemented prior to first occupation of the ancillary accommodation so as to protect the privacy of occupants of the dwelling to the east of the application site. 

16/1354 Accounts

Balance in Current Account at 27.03.16   £ 40,902.85 
Income  £
Expenditure

C. Ludlam
£688.74
Chq 397
Glebe Field Trust
£666.80
Chq 398
Grass Track
£419.38
Chq 399
British Gas
£13.47
Chq 400

AVBC WC rates

£392.04
Chq 401
K C Briddon allotment rent
£420.00
Chq 402
Derwent Treescapes
£673.20
Chq 403
HMR and C
£155.00
Chq 404
Viking Direct stamps and flash drive
£89.99

Chq 405

C. Ludlam ink cartridge
£9.99
Chq 406
Keptkleen
£192.00
Chq 407

 

16/1355 Items for Information

DALC Circulars 06/2016
The Annual Pilgrimage will take place on Sunday July 3rd. 2016

16/1356 Communications from members of the public

 

Part 2 Confidential items

None.

 

NEXT MEETING
Monday 9th May 2016
Parish Council Meeting at 7.30 pm (AGM)

Clive Ludlam,
Parish Clerk
8th April 2016
Glebe Field Centre, Crich, Matlock DE4 EU
crichparishcouncil@btconnect.com
01773 853928