skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Crich village cross

Minutes of the meeting of Crich Parish Council

Monday June 2nd 2014, held in the Glebe Field Centre

Minutes are not published until approved at the subsequent meeting

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader


Cllr Lane (Chair), Cllrs. Brierton (vice-Chair), Bown, Broom, Clark, Harwood, Slaney, Thorpe and Wells. Cty Cllr. D. Williams, AVBC Cllr Gee and 5 members of the public. Clerk in attendance.


Part 1 Non – confidential items

14/1079 To receive apologies for absence:

Cllrs. Baugh and Steppings.

14/1080 To receive declarations of interest and to approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest.


14/1081 Police matters

No police present.
Clerk reported that police were investigating the vandalism to the new Market Place.
Contact is: .

14/1082 Members of the public (10 minutes)

Overgrowth of the footpath between Cromford Rd. and Dowie Way was reported and has been referred to DCC Rights of Way (ref.415314). Clerk will seek to cut back overgrowth of the footpath between Coast Hill and The Beeches.
Clerk has asked Cllr. Thorpe to use her good offices to seek help from AVBC to cut back plants overgrowing the pavement on Cromford Rd, above the old Jovial Dutchman.
In answer to a question about the allotments, Clerk said that he had asked contractors to cut the grass along the drive and the margins. The additional rent will be used to fund this type of work.
Clerk was instructed to pursue the issue of the failed consultation process regarding the Part Night Street Lighting Project.

In response to a report that the parking of construction workers vehicles along The Common is causing an obstruction, AVBC Cllr. Gee agreed to ask AVBC Planning if there was a requirement within the planning permission that such vehicles should be parked on-site.

14/1083 Reports from County and Borough Councillors

AVBC Cllr Thorpe provided a written report
AVBC Cllr Gee has asked Cty Cllr Tomlinson to attend some Crich PC meetings. He confirmed that the application to build 113 houses off Roes Lane will be decided by committee not under delegated powers, he also agreed to ask AVBC to update the website accordingly
Cty Cllr Williams reported that he holds out some hope that at least one dropped curb will be installed at Fritchley. He continues to be concerned about the effects of the Part Night Street Lighting Programme.

14/1084 Minutes of the meeting of May 12th 2014

The Minutes were accepted and signed after minor amendments had been made.

14/1085 Matters arising from the meeting of May 12th 2014

Proposed Roes Lane development – appropriate representations regarding the widely held objections to this proposal have been made to AVBC. Members agreed that in view of the fact that AVBC has no Strategic Plan in place it would be sensible to re-visit the idea of drawing up a Neighbourhood Plan. Under new legislation a Neighbourhood Plan could carry more influence than previously. It was RESOLVED (Prop. Cllr Broom and Sec Cllr Brierton) to seek advice from Ripley Town Council – Cty Cllr Williams agreed to contact them on behalf of Crich PC.
On-going tenancy of the public toilets – Cllr Wells expressed his understandable frustration with AVBC over the matter of finalising the terms of the lease – a longer term lease or the gift of the freehold would enable the PC to negotiate a better contract for the supply of electricity and to plan a programme of decoration and maintenance. He will liaise with Marie Winter of AVBC on her return from leave.
Painting the telephone box on the Market Place - permission is required to undertake this work – Cllr Thorpe agreed to help with identifying the nature of this permission.

Chair reported that there would be a number of localised road closures to enable water works (some but not all associated with the STW reservoir project). These will be well publicised and arranged to minimise disruption.

14/1086 Report by the Parish Clerk:

A formal objection to the planning application AVA/2014/0281 has been lodged with AVBC Separate letters have been sent to Derek Stafford (Chief Planning Officer ) and Katy Smith (Case Officer)
Clerk has established that the bus shelter was removed from The Common by AVBC as it was unsafe. AVBC are not able to fund a replacement.
Len Smith has been asked to try to improve the appearance of the Bulling Lane traffic island and to try to remedy the graffiti on the new bench
Payment into a Deposit account – it was agreed that a cheque for £10,000 be raised at the next meeting to be placed on deposit as part of the plan to fund an extension to the Burial Ground. (Clerk can now confirm that only 2 cheque signatories are required).
Request from Derbyshire Archaeological Society re. information board and display at Fritchley. This was agreed in principle subject to the size of the truck being appropriate (this will be evident when the planning application is considered).
Cost of re-open for ashes burial - it was agreed that this should be half of the cost of a new ashes burial. The fee will now be £55.
Signage to Glebe – DCC are unable to provide a new sign to be sited on the lamppost opposite Glebe Field Close. Clerk was instructed to ask them again about this matter and to establish the cost of a new sign, which other users of the site may wish to share.
It was agreed to hold a meeting of the Finance Committee in July.

14/1087 Planning Decisions

AVA/2014/0217 Information Board at Market Place
AVA/2014/0226 8, Bowns Hill
AVA/2014/0263 112, The Common
AVA/2014/0083 Ann Croft, Plaistow Green Rd.
AVA/2014/0226 Chapel Cottage, Bowns Hill
AVA/2014/0347 Yew Tree Cottage, The Common
AVA/ The Family Tree, Whatstandwell

14/1088 Planning Applications

No objections to the following:
AVA/2014/0318 Spring Farm, Moorwood Moor Lane – construction of building over silage pit.

AVA/2014/0452 Market Place – Crich PC attachment of railings to top of stone wall

14/1089 Accounts

C H Ludlam (Clerk’s salary) + expenses
Chq 133
Glebe Field Trust
Chq 134
Chq 135
HMR and C Tax adjustment
Chq 136
M Lane (Chairs allowance)
Chq 137
Grass Track
Chq 138

14/1090 Items for Information

DALC Circular 10-2014

14/1091 Communications from Parishioners

Letter detailing objections to the proposed building of 113 houses off  Roes Lane

Part 2 Confidential items


NEXT MEETING 7.30pm Monday July 7th 2014.

Clive Ludlam,
Parish Clerk
4th June 2014
Glebe Field Centre, Crich, Matlock DE4 EU
01773 853928