skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Crich village cross
Image from around Crich Parish

Minutes of the meeting of Crich Parish Council

Monday 3rd August 2009, held in the Glebe Field Centre.

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

Present:

Cllr Lane (Chair), Cllrs. Bateman, Bown, Fudge, Tromans, Thorpe and five members of the public. Clerk in attendance.

Apologies:

Cllrs. Brierton, Birkin, Clark, Harrison, Harwood, Steppings

09/399 Matters raised by members of the public

Mrs. Hartshorne asked about timing of the replacement of the goalposts at the RG. She also reported that Wild Lane and Hollins Lane were over-grown making the road very narrow.
The issue of the provision of grit bins in time for the winter was raised. Cllr. Bown is undertaking a survey of the current position and future needs, his findings will be discussed at the September meeting.

09/400 Declarations of interest

Cllr. Fudge � personal. Matters related to The Briars planning application

09/401 Police matters

No police were present.
Chair and Cllr. Bateman attended the July meeting of the Safer Neighbourhood Panel � priorities remain anti-social behaviour and speeding on country roads. It was suggested that Crich and 3 other neighbouring parishes could share the cost of a portable speed monitoring sign (about �1000 for each council) It was agreed that Crich PC should participate. Chair will take this up with PC Wilbourne.
Cllr. Bateman raised the on-going problem of parking on the pavement. The best way to deal with this is to report any obstruction to the police at the time with full details.

09/402 Local Authority Councillors

Cllr. Thorpe has been dealing with the problem of litter on Bullbridge Hill, the missing �Allen Lane� sign and planning issues relating to the old Engine Shed at Dimple Lane. Along with AVBC Cllr. Taylor she has been seeking advice on the problem of the RG fence..

09/403 Minutes of the meeting of 6th July 2009

The minutes were approved and signed by Chair after a small amendment.

09/404 Matters arising from the Minutes

Clerk has reported the poor state of The Common and Market Place area to AVBC (litter and gutters).
Over-hanging trees at Cromford Rd., Crich and Amber View Rd., Fritchley were reported to DCC.
Noise and nuisance from RG fence - help/advice has been sought from AVBC (Chris. Beale). Cllr Taylor has also been asked to help in this matter. Mrs. Allen has been informed of the Councils action.
An up-date on the Youth Club has been posted on Parish Notice boards. Another volunteer helper has come forward and the Adventurous Activities Team will visit the YC on Thursday 17th. November.
AVBC have been asked to carry out remedial work on the RG play equipment as identified in their Safety Report.
Application to join Derbyshire Rural Community Council has been made.
Council agreed to fund a visit to the new War Memorial at Ypres by two members of the Council should anyone wish to go (Cllrs Bateman and Steppings have expressed an interest).
Chair reminded the meeting that the Transport Committee needs to meet.

09/405 Clerk�s Report

Audit- The internal auditor has found the accounts to have been prepared in the appropriate way. They have now been signed and sent to the Audit Commission.
Burial Ground Safety (see report). Using the �lean test�, Clerk has identified a number of unsafe head stones. A Safety Notice has been put up in the Burial Ground and efforts will be made to contact affected families.
Cllr. Bown had asked that the troughs be spruced up. Clerk has asked Mr. Spencer to do this.
A letter to local businesses asking for their involvement in the provision of floral decorations around the Parish will be prepared.
Replies have been sent to Mr. Beamond (traffic problems at The Common) and Mr and Mrs Shortland (donation request).
Grit bins � Cllr. Bown will present his findings at the next meeting.
AVBC has designated the goalposts at the RG as �unsafe�. Clerk has requested that they both be removed and has asked for a quote for new posts.
Rolls Royce monitoring results for the 1st Quarter of 2009 give no cause for concern.
Hoults Memorials of Chesterfield have provided an itemised quote for refurbishing the War Memorial. This was accepted by Council.
A letter of thanks has been received from Fr. Wheat at The Briars.
Sims Bibles were distributed at local schools on 23rd. and 24th July.
Council can claim a �Minor Maintenance Grant� for footpath repairs of up to �565.
The Annual Parish councils Meeting with the Police will take place on Tuesday 15th. September. Cllrs. Bateman and Fudge will attend.
The County Council Parish/Town Council Liaison Forum will take place on Thursday 22nd October 2009 at 6.00 pm. at County Hall. Chair and Cllr. Bateman will attend.

Clerk suggested the preparation of a �Parish Plan� or at a less formal level the identification
What projects are currently in the pipeline e.g. light for Wheatsheaf Lane and Youth Club
What needs to be done in the short term e.g. grit bins and litter bins
What needs to be planned and ordered e.g. signage, well-dressing, information boards
Any long term major projects which need to be �saved for� e.g. more car parking etc.

The corollary to this is to clarify costing, funding and �who does what�.
Clarifying the purpose of the �Information from Members of the Parish Council� item on the agenda. This matter will be deferred to the next agenda. However, it was agreed that it would be more effective if members communicated matters requiring immediate attention to the Clerk as they arise e.g. a litter problem or an overhanging tree. Other issues should be placed on the agenda for the next meeting and not discussed, as they are non-agenda items which reduce the efficiency of the meeting. It was suggested that it was not appropriate to raise matters on behalf of unnamed parishioners who should be encouraged to communicate with the Council themselves in writing, by email or by attending a Council meeting.

Acknowledgement has been received from The Tramway Museum (Laura Greaves) regarding the Council request that they remove out of date publicity signs. The Tramway Museum has appointed an officer to liaise with the Parish Council.

Vandalism at the Market Place toilets has been reported to AVBC.

Removing the August meeting from the schedule for 2010. � this matter was deferred to the September meeting in order that more members are present and available to comment.

09/406 Special Projects Group

No formal report.

09/407 Planning decisions

AVA/2009/0569 Dial Farm, The Common � agricultural building PERMITTED

09/408 Planning applications

NO OBJECTIONS WERE MADE TO ANY OF THESE APPLICATIONS

AVA/2009/0617 Market House Crich � outline for one 4 bedroom dwelling
AVA/2009/0626 30, Church St. Fritchley � extensions to rear and side
AVA/2009/0629 6, Coast Hill � demolish out building and car port erect kitchen extension, toilet and garage
AVA/2009/0634 Crich Tramway Museum � various
AVA2009/0644 Hill Top Cottage, Wheatcroft Lane � ground floor extension
AVA/2009/0652 Coddington Hall Farm � change of use of redundant farm buildings to form a single dwelling and additional living and storage accommodation
AVA/2009/0666 36 The Common � 2 storey extension
The Council�s response to the Briars� appeal had to be submitted before the next meeting and the planning committee was authorised to deal with it.

09/409 Accounts

Bank Accounts at10.07.09

Yorkshire Bank current A/C �3652 .62
Yorkshire Bank Jubilee A/C * �947.41

Expenditure .

C. H. Ludlam salary + expenses � 447.42 chq 393
Glebe Field Trust � 570.00 394
CACN contribution (use of website) �120.00 chq 395
DRCC membership �30.00 chq 396
Belper Skip Hire BG skip �92.00 chq 397
B Wood internal auditor � 50.15 chq 398
BT phone void chq 399
Viking Direct (stamps and inks) � 160.28 chq400
Grass Track � 367.79 chq 401
Plantscape (planter maintenance) �1253.50 chq 402

�947.41 chq no.31 from Jubilee Account to help with cost of wall repairs at Jubilee Ground as agreed by Council � this will effectively close the Jubilee Account)

09/410 Circulars and publications

DRCC newsletter
Autumn Footprints Amber Valley Walking Festival.
Newsletter from Friends of the Derwent Valley Line �FDVL�
Derwent valley Mills Partnership � Minutes of July meeting

09/411 Communications from members of the public

None

09/412 Information from Councillors

Cllr. Tromans reported damage to walls, property and road signs by a mis-directed lorry in the Wheatcroft/Tansley area. The incident was witnessed by a number of residents but none took the registration number of the vehicle. The incident is regarded as regrettable but is a police rather than Council matter. AVBC Cllr Thorpe will take up the signage problems with AVBC and Cllr. Tromans will contact PC Wilbourne. Members are asked to identify roads within their area which need to be signed as �Unsuitable for Large Vehicles� a submission can then be made to DCC.
Cllr. Bown asked members if they had any information regarding Grit Bins that he could add to his findings.
Cllr. Harwood had sent a message that the contractors at the Jovial Dutchman had been leaving debris and various obstructions on the pavement.

Chair thanked everyone for their attendance and the meeting closed at 9.20 pm.

NEXT MEETING 7.30 pm Monday September 7th 2009

Clive Ludlam, Parish Clerk
(15th August, 2009)