skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Picture of Crich Stand

Minutes of the meeting of Crich Parish Council

Monday September 4th 2017, held in the Glebe Field Centre

Please contact the Clerk if further information is required

Minutes are not published until approved at the subsequent meeting

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

Present:

Cllrs. Lane (Chair), Clark (vice-Chair), Anstead, Baugh, Brown, Collison, Smith, Thorpe, Walsh and Yorke, Cty. Cllrs. Ainsworth and Taylor and 8 members of the public.
Clerk in attendance.

Part 1 Non – confidential items

Chair welcomed Carolyn Jennings to her role as Parish Clerk.
 Chair presented the retiring Parish Clerk Clive Ludlam with a card and gift voucher on behalf of all members of the Parish Council in acknowledgement of over 10 years service. She wished him and his wife Linda a happy retirement.
DCC Rights of Way.

17/1540 To receive apologies for absence.

Cllr. Broom

17/1541 To receive declarations of interest and to approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest.

Cllr. Anstead as neighbour of planning applicant AVA/2017/0896

17/1542 Police matters

Two PCSO s attended the meeting and were welcomed by Chair. They reported that:

  1. They had spoken to the owner of the motorhome parked on the Drying Ground at Fritchey and that he had agreed to remove the vehicle within 2 weeks.
  2. Police are willing to carry out speed checks and to advise drivers exceeding the speed limit at two strategic locations within the Parish Council area. This offer was welcomed by Council and it is hoped that the 2 site monitoring can be moved around the Parish during the coming weeks.

17/1543 Members of the public (10 minutes)

The footpath between Cromford Rd. and Dowie Way is again overgrown – Clerk to report this matter to DCC Rights of Way.
Street light 21194 is out of action – Cty. Cllr. Ainsworth who holds the portfolio for Street lighting and other Highways issues agreed to pursue this matter.
A number of residents reported that the path between Bennetts Lane and the Common via the Kings Arms remains obstructed by a building project. As there is a good deal of evidence that this path has been in regular use for over 40 years the residents were advised to apply to DCC to have the status of the path formally changed from permissive Right of Way to Public Footpath. Cty. Cllr. Ainsworth agreed to help with the provision of the appropriate application forms. 

17/1544 County and Borough Councillors.

AVBC Cllr. Thorpe has been dealing with a number of social problems regarding the provision of accommodation for disadvantaged families, she has also been dealing with the overweight  motorhome parked on the Drying Ground (the weight of a parked vehicle is limited to 1.5 tonnes to prevent damage to the concrete surface).
Cty Cllr. Ainsworth had already provided a comprehensive report on the progress of the project to upgrade street lighting in the area. He also offered to research the results of speed monitoring carried out around Fritchley as part of the plan to install a trial 20 mph zone.

17/1545 Minutes of the meeting of July 3rd 2017

The Minutes were accepted and signed by Chair

17/1546  Reports

Chair (emailed report provided)
Neighbourhood Plan: the plan is almost ready for submission to AVBC which will then carry out a consultation process before submission to an external examiner
PLACE project- Cllr Yorke reported that:
Half the £50,000 grant from Veolia has been received.
Cty. Cllr Taylor has kind donated £500 from his share of the Community Leadership Scheme.
The Masons have donated £2000
Crowdfunding has so far raised £650
Selling refreshments at Crich Fete raised £1000
An up-date on the progress of the project has been placed in the Crich Area Community News.
Cllr.Yorke has written to all local businesses asking for support.
Members of the public are being offered the opportunity to provide a “memory bench” on the Recreation Ground.
Cllr. Yorke asked the Council to increase the PLACE budget by £10,000 this matter to be referred to the next meeting of the Council to give the Finance Committee the opportunity to review the overall budget situation.
BG development including easement consent document for National Grid which is now run by Cadent Gas Ltd. – Chair expressed a number of concerns regarding the detail of the easement document and agreed to write to Cadent with regard to them.
Renewing the contract and setting up a direct debit payment for BT broadband and telephone services to reduce costs – Members agreed that Clerk should renew contract and the use of Direct Debit payments
PC website development – Cllrs. Anstead and Collison reported that the site is almost ready to “go live”. Members were asked to submit photographs of local scenes of which would be used to illustrate the site.

17/1547 Items for discussion:

Parish Council Accounts 2016/7 have been approved by the external auditor
The Pentrich Revolution display board has arrived and is ready for installation at the Drying Ground. Clerk will meet a group of Fritchley councillors on site to determine the exact location.
It was agreed that Clerk should place an order for the purchase and fixing of a bench at the Drying Ground as per the design and specification researched by Cllr. Brown.
Clerk has been informed that AVBC does have a programme of weed spraying but as members of the public have reported it seems to have been largely ineffective.
A request for a new grit bin at Kirkham Lane, Fritchley will be considered after Cllrs. Baugh and Anstead have carried out their annual survey of the bins.
Cllrs. Anstead and Baugh raised concerns regarding speeding traffic throughout the PC area (see Minute 17/1542 
 Rights of Way Minor Maintenance – a grant of £565 is available from DCC and members were asked to report their suggestions for suitable projects to the Clerk.
The Term Deposit Account is coming to the end of its year – members agreed to allow the investment to continue unchanged.

17/1548  Planning Decisions:

Refused:
AVA/2017/0023 Outline application for a maximum of 7 dwellings at land off Bowmer Lane, Fritchley

17/1549 Planning Applications:

AVA/2017/0862 Rock Mount 99, Bullbridge Hill – outline planning permission for one dwelling – No objection
AVA/2017/0896 12, Coast Hill, Crich – demolish outbuilding and construct rear extension – No objection subject to case office being satisfied that side windows do not represent an overlooking issue.
AVA/2017/0870 39, Main Rd., Whatstandwell – change of use from residential outbuilding to dog grooming business OBJECTION lodged with AVBC
AVA/2017/0787 land adjacent to Sunnyside Cottages, Kirkham Lane, Fritchley – 2 detached dwellings and reconfiguration of parking area OBJECTION lodged with AVBC.

17/1550 Accounts.

Expenditure:                                                                                         Chq. No.
Balance in Current Account at 30.8.17                     £40,983.36
Bank Reconciliation: (Current Account) is available for inspection and is up to date at 31.8.2017
 Deposit Account £20,314.43
Expenditure:                                                                                        Chq. No.

C. Ludlam (Clerk) 

£682.39

Chq 624
Glebe Field Trust
£787.50
Chq 625
Arien Designs Ltd. (Pentrich Rev. Display board)
£918.00
Chq 626
British Gas (WC electricity)
£20.03
Chq 627

Grass Track

£444.91
Chq 628
Planning with People (NP consultant)
£2850.00
Chq 629
Viking Direct
£38.47
Chq 630
HMR and C
£163.40
Chq 631
Belper Skip Hire
£120.00
Chq 632
M MacArther
£146.25
Chq 633
Keptkleen
£208.00
Chq 634

17/1551  Items for Information

DALC Circulars – a Councillor Essential Training Course will be held on Wednesday 1st November from 6.0 to 830 pm at the new DALC office , The Old Loom Shop, Building 23, Ground Floor, Cromford Mill, Cromford, DE4 3RQ (tel. 01629 826655)

17/1552 Communications from members of the public

Emails from Mark Judd regarding positioning of new play equipment at the Recreation Ground – Chair and Cllr. Yorke have met with Mr. Judd and are seeking a mutually satisfactory solution.
  Request from resident at 10, Coasthill for permission for builders to access the rear of his property via the Recreation Ground to effect repairs to the rear wall – members agreed to this request with the condition that a time limit be put on the project. Clerk will inform the applicant in writing.

.

Part 2 Confidential items

.

NEXT MEETING: MONDAY OCTOBER 2nd 2017 at 7.30 PM

************
 (Parish Clerk)