skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Crich village cross

Minutes of the meeting of Crich Parish Council

Monday 3rd Oct 2011, held in the Glebe Field Centre.

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

Present:

Cllr Lane (Chair), Cllrs. Brierton (vice-Chair), Bateman, Baugh, Bown, Broom, Clark Harwood, Slaney, Steppings, Thorpe, Wells, Cty Cllr. Jackson and 7 members of the public. Clerk in attendance.

Apologies:

PCSO Donna Walker

11/693 Matters raised by members of the public

A request was made for a large grit bin to be placed on the Market Place � this is in hand.
A resident of Coast Hill who had already written to the Council expressed her hope that members of the Council would join the group opposed to the Amber Valley Housing plan to build affordable houses to the rear of The Glebe.

Resolved � Parish Council does not yet have a position on the application which has not been formally made and therefore will not become involved in any residents group at this stage.

11/694 Declarations of Interest

Cllr. Baugh � Rolls Royce report on Hilts quarry.

11/695 Police matters

PCSO Donna Walker was unable to be present. However, she sent a written report listing 3 burglaries and 1 case of damage. Cllr. Bateman reported another case of theft and a member of the public reported nuisance motorcyclists on the Recreation Ground

11/696 Local Authority Councillors

AVBC Cllr. Thorpe (see written report).
Cty Cllr. Jackson said that he fully supported the provision of a grit bin on the Market Place but the location has not been finalised. He will be emailing Clerks giving information regarding invasive plants viz. Japanese Knotweed, Ragwort and Himalayan Balsam

11/697 Minutes of the Meeting of 5th Sept 2011

Resolved � the minutes be accepted as a true record and signed by Chair.

11/698 Matters arising

DALC report (Cllr Broom) � Cllr Broom is a member of the DALC Executive Committee. She explained that the Localism Bill and the White Paper �Opening Public Services� would mean major changes in the power invested in local councils and in the services they can provide particularly with respect to planning. Cllr Broom has volunteered to attend planning training.

STW reservoir project � Chair reported that father Robbie is acting as secretary to the Action Group and that she and Cllr Slaney have been deputed to write to Severn Trent Water asking for more information about any decisions already made and how those decisions were reached. The Action Group does not yet have a Chair and members of the Parish Council felt that one should be appointed.
Winter Service Working Group up-date � Cllrs Wells and Steppings reported that the group has been very active and has almost completed the task of identifying current bins and their condition, siting additional bins and identifying the bins in need of filling. Once this task is complete, Clerk (as the designated person) will place the order for grit and bins with Derbyshire County Council. New bins cost �260 and each refill costs �75.
DCC has agreed to add the following routes to the list of Tertiary Gritting Routes:
Market Place to Health Centre
Fritchley loop
Wheatcroft
The WSWG is in negotiation with Lloyds Chemists, The Glebe and The Health Centre to try to ensure that the surrounding roads paths and car parks are gritted.
Cllr. Slaney has volunteered to act as Parish Snow Warden under the scheme proposed by DCC. He will have particular responsibility for pavements in the Market Place area and will have a supply of salt which will be stored at the Glebe. Volunteers to help Cllr Slaney will be more than welcome (more information is available from the Parish Clerk).
DCC is inviting tenders from third parties (likely to be farmers) to help with snow clearing. Parish Council hopes to be able to employ such contractors to undertake additional work on its own behalf if this is necessary.
DCC has thanked members of the Parish Council Winter Service Group for the lead they have taken in improving the way in which winter service provision is administered at local council level

Resolved � the Finance Committee will set a budget for Winter Service

At 27th October beech trees 1 to 7 have been removed. Trees 8 and 9 remain to be felled

The Jubilee Oak Mr Spencer has agreed to care for the tree in the way recommended in the arboricultural report. His work has been held up by the presence of a suspicious electric cable near the surface.

Recording meetings

Resolved � Clerk will write minutes which convey facts and decisions without attempting to summarise background discussion. Clerk expressed his appreciation of this decision.
It was acknowledged that other matters of procedure deserved examination and a separate meeting will be set up to allow this.

11/699 Clerk's Report

Christmas Trees (Cllr. Bown) Resolved � Christmas tree scheme will be similar to that of 2010.
Allotments � Cllrs Brierton and Bown are holding a meeting on Tuesday evening to arrange for the car park and drive to be surfaced with road planings.
Events calendar on CACN Resolved � Parish Council will publish event dates as appropriate
Grants to local organisations � Clerk reported that the scheme has been publicised. Closing date for applications is November 1st.
VAT reclaim is up to date
Current financial position � Council has in excess of �40,000 in the Current Account (including the second instalment of the Precept). Detailed discussions of the finances will take place at a meeting of the Finance Committee on Monday October 10th.
Hilts Quarry/Rolls Royce (Chair). � 6 members expressed interest in visiting the quarry with representatives of Rolls Royce. This will most likely take place in the spring. Chair reported that Rolls Royce is undertaking further redecoration at The Glebe
Funding for Scouts. � The conditional �6ooo is still on the table. Representatives of the Scouts are fully aware of the situation and are free to seek further clarification from the Clerk should they require it

11/700 Planning Decisions

The following applications were all permitted:
AVA/2011/0270 Dial Farm � 2 storey extension and satellite dish
AVA/2011/0678 � The Croft, Dimple Head, Dimple Lane � renovation and various extensions
AVA/2011/0666 Conway Read, The Common - change of external material
AVA/2011/0642 Penrose, Sandy Lane � first floor extension and additional windows

11/701 Planning Applications

No objections were recorded regarding the following applications:

AVA/2011/0834 Potters Cottage, Potters Hill, Wheatcroft � animal shelter and feed store
AVA/2011/0799 9, Church St. Fritchley � single storey extension to front
AVA/2011/0852 Bella Vista, Bennetts Lane � 1st floor extension
AVA/2011/0736 Barbriggan, Market Place � 2 storey domestic extension
TRE/2011/0098 Remove 2 elder, 2 ash and 1 sycamore tree. Coppice one alder and reduce 1 conifer.

11/702 Accounts

Yorkshire Bank Current Account at 9th September 2011 �31025.12
n.b. Second instalment of Precept (�17,000) is due at end of September
Expenditure:

C. Ludlam (Clerk) Salary + expenses �481.25 Chq 715
Glebe Field Trust �598.50 Chq 716
HMR and C Tax and NI 2nd qtr �365.36 Chq 717
BT phone �57.11* Chq 718
BT internet �47.96 * Chq 719
Viking Direct (inks and stamps) �71.90 Chq 720
Glebe Field Trust (YC rent) �34.95 Chq 721
L. Spencer BG and RG caretaking �152.00 Chq 722
C Ludlam (expenses) �14.58 Chq 723

*These are overpayments as they contain an element paid last month (as explained before their billing does not synchronise with our payment dates and they can�t/won�t change). We will be credited next time.


11/703 Information Received

Rolls Royce Monitoring Results give no cause for concern.
Booklet from Campaign for Rural England � �How to respond to Planning Applications�
Letter from Boundary Commission ref "The 2013 revision of Parliamentary Constituencies in England" � for more information please go to the website information@bcommengland.x.gsi.gov.uk

11/704 Communications from Parishioners

Email from Kevin Oliver asking if taking down the beech trees could give the opportunity to create more parking space for the Recreation Ground
Request from a resident of The Beeches that the felled trees should not be replaced.
Email from resident expressing the hope that the remaining 2 beech trees were to be spared.

 

11/705 Confidential Matter

Resolved � to acknowledge the receipt of one email and one telephone call. Information only.

 

NEXT MEETING 7. 30 pm Monday November 7th. 2011


Clive Ludlam,
Parish Clerk
Nov 2011
Glebe Field Centre, Crich, Matlock DE4 5 EU
crichparishcouncil@btconnect.com
01773 853928